Monday, March 22, 2010

Community


So, about that whole Monday transfer thing...

The doctor called early this morning and said the embryos were looking great and they rescheduled me for a Wednesday transfer. I'm still a little fuzzy on the whole 3 day vs. 5 day thing, but she sounded excited and I'm just happy the little embryos were doing so well.

I am so grateful that we continue to get good news. This has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life and most definitely the hardest thing we have ever gone through as a couple.

The shots were exhausting and were making me mad towards the end because it was right before daylight savings time and I LOVE taking pictures of sunsets, and of course the shots needed to happen at the exact moment of the most beautiful sky. I didn't appreciate the part about the sunset being God's way of telling me beautiful things were coming, instead I would shake my head in frustration and hate that we had to do this. Why us?

Why so many of us?

Maybe this is why. We are a huge group of compassionate women. We can help others. We write blogs, we offer support and lift each other up in times of fear. It is happening to us so we can go and help others. We will raise our babies to be compassionate and loving people. We will appreciate the value of family in a world where values sometimes take a detour and we will reach out to others who are starting their own blogs, starting their own cycle, taking their first shot with a shaky hand unsure of what the future holds.

This is my fifth post and I can feel the immense value of it. Of the community. Of all of us here to help each other.

Maybe it is the hormones talking. Maybe it is the excitement of some positive news. Today is going to be a positive day. I've spent so much time worrying and stressing and it got me nowhere. That is not to say the fear and worry is not right underneath the surface, threatening to take over.

The fear is always there, just not today.




No comments:

Post a Comment