Thursday, February 6, 2014

We'll just have to see

The blogging breaks seem to come more frequently.  It happens to all of us and just when I need it, the blank page is there waiting for my heart and soul to spill all over it.  I'm not really feeling quite that dramatic today, but I thought an update would be good.  Especially since my last post I was still talking about skipping my period.  A few major holidays have passed in that time, my cycle kicked back to normal and my almost 3 year old started pre-school(!). Its kind of amazing how quickly things change.  I'm constantly reminded of that.  I need to be reminded of that even more often though, especially when I start to get too far deep into my head worrying about the future.

We are coming up on go-time.  Not quite yet.  The winter will end before I'm back in the stirrups, but by spring I'll be getting a physical done and talking about thawing embryos and asking questions like, "how many?" How many will thaw?  How many will we put in?  How many times will we try?

I know the answer to how many times will we do another fresh IVF cycle?  Zero.  We did two.  The second one was beautifully successful.  I know what an emotional and physical mess I was during it all.  I don't want to be that mess for N.  He's almost 3 and full of love and energy and I will be present for him.

We are fortunate enough to have 5 frozen embryos.  We have talked about one frozen cycle.  We are prepared physically and financially for one.  I can't say definitively about doing a second if it doesn't work.  I can't predict my desires and emotions.  I have general ideas.  I want to say I'm good with trying one more time and if it doesn't work, we will be happy with our family of 3.  I don't know that if it doesn't work, I won't look at N and feel an overwhelming desire to do whatever I have to do to make him an older brother.

So 2014 is the year we do at least one.  That is for sure.  Everything else…well, we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment